Monday 10 April 2017

2017 Favourites Part 1


Oh hey, been awhile. About three months in fact. That sucks. But also is what it is. I don't want to set myself up with big expectations, but hopefully, April will see a few more posts than the last few months have. Of course, I've been reading though! Netflix has definitely tried to bust in there and distract me. So there's been some bickering over my free time. It's weird to say that reading doesn't win more than half of the time now. Anyhow, it's that time of the year again for the first quarter of my favourites. Honestly, I struggled to get a decent list together. Don't get me wrong, I've read some amazing books. But there's been a lot of duds. Quite a few DNF's. Even more disappointments for books I should have loved and sequels to series I love even more. Not surprisingly romance still is my go to. No one is shocked by that. Although I am becoming more critical with my romance books. Yes, they're my babies, but now that I've read every single trope a thousand times over, it's taking more and more to wow me. Alright, here's my stats;

January 1st to March 31st stats:
Read: 48
Reread: 9
DNFs: 6
Most Read Genre: Romance
Total Pages Read(of finished books): 15,324



The Lie
I pretty much all of Karina's books. But for some reason, this one just really hit me more emotionally. LOVE IT.

Cashmere (Velvet, #2)
This series is super underrated. All the fun is had with these vampires. Seriously, Cashmere is hilarious.

Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
Blake Riley is pure fucking gold.

Anything You Can Do
If you want something to fill that The Hating Game void, Anything You Can Do does an excellent job of doing that in the most funny sexually intense way.

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)
This book starts with a Jack Sparrow quote, which sets the tone perfectly for an epic swashbuckling adventure.

Letters to the Lost
Easily my favourite book of the year. Brigid has always been a favourite author, but this is her best work to date. Addicting and emotional.

Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)
This was unexpected. I, of course, mean that in the best way. This series is ridiculous and funny. Pucked Off and Lance take a different tone in the most perfect way.

At the Edge of the Universe
Just try not to have your heart break a few dozen times when reading this one.

A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
And epic ending to an epic trilogy. I read it super slow for a reason; I didn't want to say goodbye! Anoshe.

Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)
I really had doubts going into this one; I did not like one of the MC's from the previous book, well turns out I had nothing to worry about. Intense and wonderful.



Have you guys read and loved any of these? What was your favourite read from the past few months?

Happy reading!

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It's so good to see you! I've been loving the instagram stuff but it's good to see what you're reading. Too bad about the DNFs and the disappointments but it looks like you've had some successes too. Pucked Off looks good and the titles of the whole series always have me giggling and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the end of the V.E. Scwab trilogy. I've heard nothing but raves about the first 2 but I wanted to be sure it finished strong before I picked it up since it's a little different than my usual. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete