Saturday 8 August 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up August 1st-7th



I managed to read five books this week. Two were graphic novels. One was a library e-book. One was an e-ARC. So that leaves one physical book.


No Limits(Ultimate #1) by Lori Foster ***
Review to come.


The Demon King(Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima ****
For a book I really enjoyed I don't have much to say. I've had this box set sitting on my shelf for forever. I'm kicking myself for waiting this long to start it. Although the beginning was a little slow(which is a fantasy thing because of world building), by the half way mark I was hooked. I wasn't totally surprised by the twists, but that doesn't mean I didn't like them. Han is such an intelligent cunning guy. And Raisa, although is a spoiled princess, takes criticism and acknowledges her own faults very well. She's pretty kick ass. But is in the dark about how rough here kingdom is. I loved that when Amon(her BFF and palace guard(I love the palace guard/royalty romance)) mentions that's not how things run and the street, she is surprised yet doesn't get angry, just sets out to help and fix it. Now that's a good sign and trait of someone that will be queen. The ending was fantastic and makes it near impossible not to be pick up the sequel right away. Which is what I've done.

Better When He's Brave(Welcome to the Point #3) by Jay Crownover ****
Review will be up tomorrow.

Alex + Ada Volume 2 by Jonathan Luna ****
Great middle volume. The story really picked up and I liked the progression and growth of Alex and Ada's relationship. It felt quite realistic seeing as she's a robot.


Alex + Ada Volume 3 by Jonathan Luna ****
Going in I didn't realize this was the last volume. Which is good and sad. It makes it a quick graphic novel series, but it's also one I really liked, so more would have been excellent. Knowing where the story went, three volumes is enough. There wasn't anywhere else to go plot wise and it would have just dragged it out and made unnecessary conflict. So all in all a really quick, sweet and fun series.








A photo posted by Brittany (@britsreadinglife) on





Happy reading!

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. How am I not following you on instagram? Just fixed that! Great pictures. That first one...what a sweet and funny face! I envy all the reading you get done. I keep hoping mine is going to pick back up but it keeps not being this week!

    ReplyDelete