Saturday 23 May 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up May 16th-22nd



I did manage to finish five books this week. One was a graphic novel. All were physical books.
Towards the end of the week I was kind of feeling a bit slumpy, so I do have like four books on the go.

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson *****
This graphic novel is everything. The humour and wit just add to a really brilliant story. I love Nimona and her character arc. The way it was developed was phenomenal. This book made me realize that I really don't read much antihero stories. Nimona's boss, Blackheart is the villain, except he is way to moral to actually pull of being a bad villain. I loved that part. And his relationship/history with Sir Goldenloin kept hinting and the hints made me super excited. I am so hoping that there is more Nimona to come in the future. There is so much more that can be explored with these characters and world.

Picture Perfect(Geek Girl #3) by Holly Smale ****
The Geek Girl series is just a really fun time. Harriet is pretty comical. She can spout off so many random facts and tidbits. And the situations she gets herself into when modeling just adds to the humour. I will admit that her immaturity is getting a bit old. She's 16 now, but half the time she acts like she's 12. Although by the end of the book she did start to realize she was trying so hard to act like a grown up that she wasn't even coming close to achieving that. I'm definitely excited to see what Harriet, her family, Toby(LOL) and everyone gets up to in the next one.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell *****(re-read)
I picked myself one of the new special editions so of course I couldn't resist a re-read. I think I loved it even more the second time around. Especially Levi.

Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham ****
Find the full review here.


Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca ****
Full review to come closer to release date.

What did you guys read this week?

Happy reading!

Brittany

5 comments:

  1. I want to read Scarlett Undercover. It sounds like a lot of fun. 5 books is still pretty good! I've been restless the past couple of weeks and have had a hard time settling on any book. I think I've got it dealt with now but it's been driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read that Geek Girl series, I think it will be perfect for summer.
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love Harriet! All That Glitters is actually my favourite book of the series so I hope you enjoy the next one! :D
    I really need to re-read Fangirl. I love that copy! I can't wait for your review of Last Years Mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should look into the Geek Girl series, sounds pretty good. :) I also need one of those beeeautiful special editions of Fangirl. :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ended up really enjoying Last Year's Mistake, even though I wasn't sure if I even would. I still feel like the odd one out when it comes to Fangirl!

    ReplyDelete