Wednesday 16 July 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Cover Buys

Top 5 Wednesday is a meme started by Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey. Find the list of all the #T5WFamily here.

This weeks topic is:

Top 5 Books I Bought Solely Because of the Cover!

5. The Infinite Moment of Us
I've yet to read it and unfortunately it seems to get pretty mediocre reviews but that cover, yo!

4. The Coral Island
Apparently this is a classic. That cover is gorgeous and there was no thought when I came across it in Chapters. It was coming home with me.

3. Jack Glass
This is like the perfect sci-fi cover. It's brilliant. Honestly thought, I don't care about the inside. That cover needed to be on shelf.

2. Tales from the Kingdoms
These dustless hardcovers are kind of simple but so pretty. I came across the spin of them well perusing through Chapters one day and all three just happened to come home with me that day.

1. Outlander
Yes, this is my fourth copy of Outlander. But I HAD to buy this edition. I mean it's Jamie. He's looking so rugged and delicious. Ahem.

What are some books you bought based on an outstanding cover?

Happy reading!

Brittany

4 comments:

  1. Oh these are gorgeous! I often do this, buy for the cover XD Not always the best idea I have to admit, but so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably HAVE to buy that copy of Outlander as well purely for Jamie too. The Infinite Moment of Us has such a beautiful cover <3333 That sucks that the reviews haven't been good though. I adore the covers for the Tales for the Kingdoms series!
    It's hard to resist a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up those Beauty, Poison and Charm books at work just because of the covers. But literally turned to one page of one of them and it was a scene where the queen was giving oral to someone and just thought: NOPE! Not for me! Haha. I didn't borrow them after that so I'd be interested to see how they were and what you thought of them. I have yet to read Outlander! I know I need to but I never get around to buying a copy.

    ReplyDelete