Tuesday 11 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favourite Fantasy Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and The Bookish.

This weeks topic is:

Top Ten All Time Favourite Fantasy Books!
This week we got to pick a genre to name our favourite books from. And of course I had to go with fantasy. It is always my go to genre. A lot of my favourite books/series are fantasy. So let's try and narrow them down to ten.

10. The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen


9. Seraphina Series by Rachel Hartman


8. Healer Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder


7. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo


6. Graceling Realm Trilogy by Kristin Cashore


5. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien


4. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta


3. Study Series by Maria V. Snyder


2. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas


1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling


There are a lot of fantasy series that I've yet to start, like, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Kingkiller Chronicle, The Mistborn Trilogy(or anything by Brandon Sanderson), and the Codex Alera. Which I think will all become favourites when I do start them.
Let me know what some of your favourite fantasy books/series are. Or link up your TTT below.

Happy reading!

Brittany


7 comments:

  1. And I have not read most of your list, either. xD But most are on my tbr pile. Ugh, I just don't have any time for reading anymore! D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY OMG!!!! Your list is fabulous! I am an OBSESSED fan of The Lumatere Chronicles! I still swoon over those book til this day! I'm just about to start the Throne of Glass series, which I'm super stoked about :) The Study Series and The Healer Trilogy I've never heard about but SCORE!! They are totally getting looked up and added to my TBR list! I already trust that I'll love them, b/c I mean, Look at your list! DUH!!!! LOL!!! I could go on and on about this list but let me stop myself and start following your blog!
    Check out my TT @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books
    New Follower via Bloglovin' and GFC xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me, I have yet to read most of these! :X I LOVE Potter and Maas' books, both amazing series. I also enjoyed Snyder's Healer so I will read more of her books. I have not read LotR yet, shame! :X I will this year. Plus some others, like Bardugo and Cashore. Nielsen looks awesome as well.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoTR was on my list as well! I've only read one other one on your list but I like how all the covers on your list almost have the same color tones. :-) Here's my fantasy/fairy tale TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT LIST! I have so many of these on my TBR list.... and Harry Potter would be my top fantasy pick too ;) I recently picked up all three books in the Ascendance trilogy, so I am happy to see that it made your list. Nice picks & thanks for checking out my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of these are on my TBR and I loved Siege and Storm so much! Great list!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter, The Grisha Trilogy & Throne of Glass <3333333
    I will make sure I get to the Study series soon! I PROMISE! I also need to get around to reading Graceling & Seraphine sometime soon because they both sound amazing!
    Great list, Brittany! :D

    ReplyDelete