Wednesday 5 March 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Friendships

Top 5 Wednesday is a meme started by Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey. Find the list of all the #T5WFamily here


This weeks topic is:

Top 5 Friendships

5. Juliette and Kenji

Juliette may have annoyed me at many points in this series. And I do love Kenji with all my heart. What I loved about their friendship is they were totally real with each other. Kenji didn't treat J like a fragile crazy person. He told her to get over herself all the time. And she needed the reality check. She needed the friendship he offered her.

4. Rose and Lissa

I feel you don't get a lot of really strong femships in YA. Or when you do, it tends to be full of jealously and caddyness. Rose and Lissa are one the best friendships I've read. Rose would give her life for Lissa. She is fierce and loyal. And Lissa is kind of the more stable one. Keeping Rose grounded when needed.

3. The Hobbits

Aw my lovelies. I guess I could have said the whole Fellowship, but Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry are the real stars. Hobbits are this quite, peaceful race. But sometimes one steps beyond the confines of all their comforts. Frodo may have been "forced" into his role. But not the other three. They were there because of their loyalty and bravery. Those little Hobbits faced so much together. Their bonds just became stronger and stronger.

2. Jem and Will

I don't know how much of an explanation this bromance needs. For me, there is no strong bond than between Jem and Will. I mean they are parabatai. Their souls are pretty much intertwined. They've chosen to lay down their lives for each other(if it comes to it). Will goes to a lot of extremes to keep Jem as healthy as possible for as long as possible. And Jem puts up with Will. They both fall in love with the same girl but no jealously or fighting ensues. They both believe Tessa would be better off with the other.

1. The Trio

Obviously.
There is no ends to which Harry, Ron and Hermione will go for each other. Like Hermione says, her and Ron knew what they were getting into from the start. Nothing would keep them from being with Harry till the end. And beyond.


Remember to use the hashtag #T5WFamily on Twitter to find all the other bloggers and booktubers post for today.
Let me know some of your favourite friendships below. Or link up your T5W post.

Happy reading!

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the Hobbits! Great one! :) Haven't read any of the others, though...

    ReplyDelete