Sunday 16 February 2014

Showcase Sunday #23

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme held by Books, Biscuits and Tea. It allows fellow bloggers to show off any books or bookish things they've compiled over the week.

Everyone as immersed in the Olympics as I am? Canada is a winter sport country. So we always kick ass at the winter Olympics. I couldn't be more proud of our athletes. What am I going to do when they are over? I guess impatiently wait for the World Cup to start...
On to books. I was so good until last night. See what boredom does to me, makes me go to the book store. Here come my excuses; one was a pre-order, two were finished copies of books I've already read, one is for a book signing I'm going to next weekend and the other one I just wanted. Totally logical reasoning. Yup...

Purchased

Perfect Lies(Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White
The Queen's Choice(Heirs of Chrior #1) by Cayla Kluver
Once Every Never(Never #1) by Lesley Livingston

Defy(Defy #1) by Sara B Larson
White Space(Dark Passages #1) by Ilsa J. Bick

E-books Purchased
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

Hopefully I won't have any physical books to show next week. This week I did a physical tally of all my TBR books and well let's just say I was more than surprised by the total. I did add a tab up top if it's something that interests you.
As always, hook up your weekly haul below. Or let me know what you got this week.

Happy reading!

Brittany

17 comments:

  1. I've seem The Queen's Choice around and almost picked it up quite a few times. Let me know if it's any good. Nice haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! :)
      I'm excited for some more high fantasy. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these books yet but I'm excited to read The Queen's choice, I loved Cayla's previous series. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be what everyone is excited for. :)
      Thanks El! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read or heard of most of these but they look intriguing! I haven't read Mind Games yet though I know that was quite popular so I really want to get started on that series. Hope you enjoy all of these reads, have a good week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing with Mind Games and Perfect Lies is it's a duology. So you can netflix them now. :)
      Thanks Laura! :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I am excited to read your review of White Space!
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missie! I'm half-way through it and it's one messed up book. Going to be hard to write a coherent review. Lol.

      Delete
  5. Just wanting is an excellent reason or buying a book! Especially if it's Defy, which looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my reasoning. I want. So I buy. ;)
      Defy was OK. I more wanted it as a finished copy because it's pretty. Lol.

      Delete
  6. I havent watched any of the winter Olympics because with 4 boys any time TV is on its always cartoons ;) Great haul. I have The Queens Choice on my wishlist, it sounds awesome :) I loved Defy and bought the HB for my shelves. White Space I had trouble getting into but I hope you enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...but cartoons are great too.
      I'm excited to get started on The Queens Choice. Hoping it is awesome.
      White Space is messed up. I don't know what to thing.
      :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Cora! Smallest one yet. Hahaha
      Happy reading!

      Delete
  8. Awesome haul! I hope you enjoy Defy, I thought it was awesome, except for love story... :) I look forward to more though.
    I was let down by The Queen's Choice but I hope it's better for you!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The US hardcover of Perfect Lies is so much nicer than the UK copy! It's so pretty!
    I love the sound of The Queens Choice and Where the Stars Still Shine! You'll have to let me know what you think of them :)
    I absolutely adored Defy! I need to get around to getting myself a finished copy because it's so pretty!
    Great haul this week, Brittany! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally buy all your reasons to go on a book splurge Brittany! I actually wasn't going to buy anything for a while either, but then got a 10% off TBD voucher and I'm making a list as I type this! I hope you enjoy all your reads and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete