Thursday 27 February 2014

Review: Be With Me(Wait For You # 2) by J.Lynn

Be With Me by J.Lynn

Publication Date:
February 4th, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow
Pages: 387
Series: Wait For You
Source: Purchased E-book
Rating: 4/5
Add to Goodreads

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn't spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

So I recently read my first J.Lynn book and good God the women writes literal book crack. I'm currently on my sixth book of hers in as many days. And I don't think there's any stopping me now. I will read ALL THE BOOKS.
Anyhow, I'm choosing to review Be With Me first because this one hit me more on a personal level.
I could relate 100% to Teresa and her injury. I too tore my ACL(among other things) when I was around her age. And it ruined my soccer playing career. I centered my life around that sport and then it just ended. I had to watch my team continue to play without me. It was awful. I was a moody bitch, to put it bluntly. It wasn't anyone's fault(even the girl who did it to me) but I was jealous and depressed. Years on I still haven't been able to go back to playing, but I have been coaching since then. And well, of course, I miss actually playing, coaching is the next best thing.
So that's my story and the way Teresa is feeling throughout Be With Me hit me. Those were my feelings to a tee. She has no idea what's going to happen with her life. She's had to fall back on plan B and obviously that is not where she wants to me. Knee injuries are very hard to come back from. You'll never be where you were before the injury. It takes a lot of physio and money to get that help you really need. And let's face it, only professional athletes get that. So the risk of re-injury is very high. I've had a few re-injuries. But thank God not anywhere close to what happened originally. And Teresa knows all this. She's lost her old friends because now they have nothing in common. They're off where she should be. Dancing for life. She feels weak and her body is changing. Add on top of that all the other shit that happens to her well at school and hell I think she's doing pretty well.

Jase in an ass. He was indecisive and selfish. Yes, he had a lot of baggage but the way he dragged Teresa along was again, purely selfish of him. Yes, it was clear he had strong feelings for her. But hell you gotta figure out your own shit before you bring someone into your life like that. Especially when he knew how much Teresa cared for him and wanted him.
I know that's a lot of cons for Jase but I didn't hate him. I just thought he wasn't making very smart decisions. And he did have good points too. How he was perceived was definitely masking his true feelings. And you had to feel for him too. I just enjoyed Avery and Cam's relationship in the first book, Wait For You a lot more. So I was comparing Jase to Cam just a little bit.

Armentrout's writing is definitely addictive. You just can't put these books down. There's been a lot of late nights these past few days. I almost want to recommend only starting one of her books when you have some interrupted hours to sit down and immerse yourself in these romances. And let me tell you, they're hot. Not holding back.
I am impatiently waiting for the information regarding the next book in the series. Who's story are we getting? Britt's and Ollie's?! Jacob and an unknown?! TELL ME!

Happy reading!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment