Saturday 1 February 2014

January Wrap Up & February TBR


YAY! January is over! Although it's pretty shitty out today. We're in for at least 10 cms of snow. And it's coming down fast. Blah! Wish I could be heading south...
Oh well, let's wrap up January. It was an alright reading month. Didn't get as much reading done as I'd like. Turns out I was even busier at work than predicated. So that made for less reading time. And made for one super tired Brittany all the time. As for the actual content and my thoughts, it was an alright month there too. A lot of OK books. Here they are:


Crash Into You(Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry 5*
Losing It(Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack 3.5*
The Collector(Dante Walker #1) by Victoria Scott 4*
The Liberator(Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott 4*
Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Katie DiCamillo 4*
Charm(Tales from the Kingdom #2) by Sarah Pinborough 4*
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen 5*(re-read)
Evertrue(Everneath #3) by Brodi Ashton 3*
Poison(Tales from the Kingdom #1) by Sarah Pinborough 3*

Wallbanger(Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton 3.5*
The Destiny of Violet and Luke(The Coincidence #3) by Jessica Sorensen 4*
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith 4*
Keeping Her(Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack 3*
Saving Quinton(Nova #2) by Jessica Sorensen 4*
Through the Ever Night(Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi 3*

Being the only 5*(new 5*) of the month, Crash Into You was easily the best way to start off 2014. It's just effing amazing. Best of the series so far. Just read this series if you haven't!
Biggest disappoint was Evertrue. Being the last in the trilogy it just didn't live up to the first two. Everything that happened was just so convenient and easy. There was no fight. And a lot of cop outs on the authors part. I felt anyhow. Although I still love her writing. It's so visual.

OK, I'm actually going to make a solid TBR that I want to stick too. There's quite a few sequels being released this month that I will read. CressSplit SecondPerfect Lies and The Shadow Throne being for sure's and all pre-orders. Plus a few review books(which I've gotten way behind on...); Song of the Fireflies and White Space being the top two. You can check out my TBR jar pick of the month to the left. And, of course, also the books I own that I want to get around to, too.



Let me know how your start to 2014 was down below. Or link me up to your wrap up for the month.

Happy reading!

Brittany





2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree that Crash Into You has been the best of the series so far. It was just perfect <3
    I'm reading Unravel Me this month too (and possibly Ignite Me depending on how Unravel Me ends)! It's really good so far! YAY FOR INTO THE STILL BLUE <3 I really hope you enjoy that one. Also, My Life Next Door is just adorable and amazing <3
    Super excited to see what you think of Avalon & Not a Drop to Drink!
    Happy reading, Brittany! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.M.G. Isaiah. I just love him so much. Ugh. So. Much.
      I thought Into the Still Blue was the strongest of the trilogy. I'm not a massive fan, but it did keep me reading more so than the other too. Solid ending too.
      I'm excited to(hopefully) finally get to My Life Next Door. Everybody loves it so much. I need to know why!
      Well I guess we can compare notes/feelings on Unravel Me and Ignite Me at the end of the month. :)

      Thanks Sam! :)

      Delete