Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas Gift Buying Book Recommendations: YA Edition


The impossible task of wrapping. Or is that just me and Stitch?

So I definitely love giving book recommendations. And what better time of the year than now? Hopefully I can help at least one person find an awesome book to give to a friend or family member this holiday season.
I'm going to start with YA and than I'll do a second post with everything non-YA. I'll pick two or three different books from a bunch of genres. I'm also going to pass on mentioning the popular ones everyone knows like Harry, Hunger Games, Divergent, Cassandra Clare, etc... I love those books but I'm trying to mention lesser known books that I love and think other readers will fall in love with as well.


YA Fantasy

Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
Graceling Realm Trilogy by Kristin Cashore
The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

YA Sci-Fi

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Across the Universe Trilogy by Beth Revis
Liberty by Annie Laurie Cechini

YA Historical Fiction

His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LeFevers
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

YA Paranormal-Vampires

Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa

YA Paranormal-Angels

Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand
Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick

YA Paranormal-Fey

The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

YA Paranormal-Thriller

The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting
Anna Duology by Kendare Blake

YA Paranormal-Wolves

The Dark Divine Trilogy by Bree Despain
The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater

YA Paranormal

Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer
Pivot Point by Kasie West
Revenants Trilogy by Amy Plum

YA Mythology Inspired

Everneath Trilogy by Brodi Ashton
The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan

YA Dystopian

Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh M O'Brien
Crewel World Trilogy by Gennifer Albin
Starters Duology by Lissa Price

YA Contemporary

The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

YA Realistic Fiction

Burned by Ellen Hopkins
Hate List by Jennifer Brown

I think that covers most of the sub-genres. Or at least the ones I have picks for. There's of course thousands of great books out there, but these are just some of my favourites. Hopefully this helps you with your book present shopping.

Merry Christmas!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment