Tuesday 29 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to read during Halloween


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is:

Top Ten Halloween/Creepy Reads!

Well I'm a complete wuss. And I can scare myself easily enough. So why get someone else to help me out?  Which means I don't read a lot of creepy books. But here's what I could come up with.

 


I Hunt Killers- Who doesn't like a good thriller this time of year? Especially one told from a serial killers son.
Anna Dressed in Blood- I LOVE this book. A ghost hunter who falls in love with one of the nastiest ghosts. Plus it takes place in Ontario.
Unwind- Totally surprised by how much I liked this one. Parents can choose to have their teenage kids Unwound. Pretty much abortion. Creepy...
The Forest of Hands and Teeth- Zombies in a dystopian society.


172 Hours on the Moon- Kids get the chance to go to the moon. But something is waiting up there for them. And it's not a nice something.
Splintered- A kind of re-telling of Alice in Wonderland. The original is creepy, but this one steps it up. A lot.
Graveminder- A paranormal ghost type mystery. It creeped me out.
Dracula- The original vampire story. How couldn't it make this list?




A Monster Calls- A very dark story about a monster showing up every night in a boys dreams. Of course there's deeper meaning in the end.
Goosebumps- C'mon. Obviously. It's my childhood.


How about you guys? Favourite reads this time of year?

Happy reading!

Brittany 







1 comment:

  1. Great picks! *shudders* I had a hard time selecting books for this prompt as well...don't generally creepy books myself. :P

    ReplyDelete