Tuesday 1 October 2013

September Wrap Up & October TBR


I can't believe September is over. I may say this every year, but this year is going by super fast. I'm going to blink and it'll be 2014. Ah! Anyway, September was an alright reading month. Didn't read as much as I usually do. But I'm pushing 150 books for the year and I can feel myself starting to get burned out. So I decided to slow it down a little. Also there may be something called The Vampire Diaries that took up a lot of my time...

I finished 13 books this month. Most of them I really enjoyed. And surprisingly 10 of them were contemporary. I was on a little bit of a New Adult kick too. I started two others at the beginning of the month but wasn't feeling them, so they got set aside (one of them will be part of my TBR).


This Girl (Slammed #3)
by Colleen Hoover
Acid by Emma Pass
The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski
The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies #4) by Pittacus Lore



Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider
The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Jessica Darling's It List (It List #1) by Megan McCafferty
Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale



Unteachable by Leah Raeder
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Breaking Nova (Nova #1) by Jessica Sorensen
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns #1) by Rare Carson


There's no contest when picking my favourite of the month. Absolutely adored it!

Fanigrl by Rainbow Rowell

I'm almost done with The Dream Thieves. So that will carry on to my October wrap up. And I started both Peter Pan by J.M Berrie and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black, but didn't finish either of them.

I'm awful at sticking to a TBR. But this one shouldn't give me any trouble. There's 5 releases I'm impatiently waiting for. Those will be read as soon as my grabby hands have them. I have a few review books I need to get to. Waiting for some library books to come in. The Sarah Dessen book club pick. And of course I will be doing some re-reading in anticipation for Allegiant. So here's the plan:
The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns #2) and The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1) by Lisa Renee Jones
Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X #1) by Richelle Mead
Frozen (Heart of Dread #1) by Melissa De La Cruz
Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth!!!!
That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J Howard
The 100 (The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan
The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2) by Julie Kagawa

How about you guys; favourite(s) of September? Anything exciting for October? Spooky reads maybe?

Happy reading!

Brittany

2 comments: