Wednesday 11 September 2013

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

Thanks very much for stopping by my new blog. I just wanted to say welcome, give a little information about myself and what you can expect to see here.
My names Brittany. I live in Canada; in Ontario to be exact. Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw. Which is very important information to tell people. Honestly I find it hard to keep up a conversation with someone about their job. But if it was the norm to ask someone right away what House they are in, well then that would just make everyone that more interesting to talk to!
By day I’m a travel agent. So yes, I do love to travel. And of course help others out exploring what this beautiful world has to offer.
I guess it’s obvious, but I’m an avid reader. I predominately read YA fiction- Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Contemporary, Historical. But I also read my fair share of Middle grade, NA and Adult fiction, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. So although most of my posts will have to do with the YA genre I won’t be restricting my blog to just that.
What can you expect to be posted on here? Well definitely reviews. I won’t be reviewing every book I read. One reason being I generally read close to 20 books in a month and that’s a lot of work to review every single one. And secondly, not every book I read will I have enough (or anything) to say about it. That’s just the way it is sometimes. I’m sure you feel me.
There will also be book hauls. I like seeing them. And I definitely spend enough on books in a month to give you guys ideas to help spend your hard earned cash on as well.
Also any bookish news, book releases and other bookish things I find interesting enough to share. I’m still coming up with ideas, but there’s different weekly posts I’m thinking on doing and other random posts. Like book to movie comparisons, top 5 or 10 or whatever lists, and other tags that have gone around the different book communities.
I just hope to be creative and fun enough to keep you guys, the reader, coming back!
I also hope to have a “25 random facts about me” post up soon. I just want you guys to know me a little better. I’m nosey enough that I like to know some things about the person behind the screen. So there’s that…

Thanks again!
Happy reading!

Brittany

**title quote provided by the illuminating JK Rowling as Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.**

2 comments:

  1. Excellent title! Can you go wrong with any type of Harry Potter reference? No. No you cannot. Slytherin! That's the house Pottermore sorted me into. Looking forward to more posts!!

    P.S. I'm your first commenter!!! Take that Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Never, ever can you go wrong with that thinking.
      See, now that I know what house you're in we can have some friendly banter back and forth about how Ravenclaw is that much better then Slytherin.

      *fist pumps* Gold star to Kori for beating Rose!

      Delete